WICD - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Man Suffers Minor Burns in Danville House Fire

DANVILLE -- When crews arrived at the scene of the fire in the 1600 block of North Walnut Street they saw flames shooting out of the living room windows.

Crews got the call shortly before 4 in the morning Monday.

They were able to fight the fire in about thirty minutes but stayed on scene a few hours after to keep an eye out for flare ups.

The person inside the home when the fire happened is reported to have heard a popping sound coming from the living room and that's when he saw the fire and smoke.

The first floor sustained the most damage but officials say it can be fixed.

The resident was able to get out of his home only sustaining minor injuries to his feet.

The first officer on scene was able to get the owners three dogs out of the house.

ABC NewsChannel 15's Heather Good Reports