SATURDAY: Partly Sunny
Very Warm, Humid
SUNDAY: Partly Sunny
Chance of Showers/Storms
Low 71/High 85
MONDAY: Partly Cloudy
Cooler, Less Humid
Low 63/High 74
TUESDAY: ... More...
Pay it Forward Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WICS-TV/WICD-TV viewing. Nominees must be individuals or families 18 years or older residing in the WICS-TV/WICD-TV viewing area. Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with entrant, or any organization. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household. Nominees must not have received a prize from the Station within the past thirty (30) days.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WICS-TV, WICD-TV, (the “Stations”), WBUI, WCCU, WRSP, County Market, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per IP address. More than one nomination may be received per nominee.
2. Log on to www.wics.com or wicd15.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, along with the nominee’s name, address, phone, age, and briefly describe how the nominee has “gone the extra mile.” No mechanically produced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, entrants acknowledge that the nominee, and not the entrant, is eligible to win a prize.
3. The contest starts on June 11, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 31, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Entries/nominations must be received by Station by the last Wednesday of each month during the Contest Period to qualify for the monthly judging. The Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
4. Each month during the Contest Period, all entries/nominations will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station and sponsor personnel based on need (34%), impact (33%), and newsworthiness (33%). On the first Wednesday of each month during the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be determined by the judge(s) in their sole and absolute discretion based on the criterion set forth above, for a total of twelve (12) winners. The decisions of the judge(s) shall be final. Remaining valid entries/nominations will carry over to the next monthly judging.
5. The entrant must appear on a segment which may air on the Stations’ news programs to explain his/her nomination and reasons. The winning nominee must be willing to be featured in the news story which may air on the Stations.
6. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the twelve (12) winners (one winner per month) will receive a check in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500.00) and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Stations’ newscast. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Stations reserve the right to not air any “Pay It Forward” news segment.
2. The winner will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Stations at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by Stations on the same day of notification. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, as determined by the Stations in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield, IL 62704 or WICD-TV, 250 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 and on the Stations’ websites at www.wics.com or wicd15.com.
2. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and County Market accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
3. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
4. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Stations, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
Border CrisisGet the latest developments on the border control issue!
TrafficGet the latest traffic reports from WICD ABC Newschannel 15!
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Live In The StudioLocal nonprofits and community leaders tell us about upcoming events in East Central Illinois.
Pay It ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
In The KitchenSome of the areas best chefs whip up their tastiest creations on Newschannel 15. Click here to see them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Be The ParentIt's one of the hardest jobs in the world. So let us help you. Get parenting tips and see our latest video to help you be the parent.
Cruisin' IllinoisGet your motor running for the hottest motorcycle show in Central Illinois!
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere. Just one click and you won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Illinois CentralEvery week "Illinois Central" brings you the stories about the people in central Illinois. From our weekly "Cruisin' Illinois" segment " which features motorcycle culture " to the arts and everything ...
Pump PatrolCheck out the NewsChannel 15 Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas-saving tips.
Watch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature ...
Spotlight 15Local organizations and community leaders tell you about events happening in the Central Illinois area.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments or any groups are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Tonight on WICD
6:00pm NewsChannel Early News
6:30pm Paid Programming
7:00pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
8:00pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
9:00pm Nightline Prime
10:00pm Nightside News