Meijer: Honey Glazed Salmon
4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub salmon fillets with brown sugar and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
Recipe from Easy Meals, Healthy Families guidebook. View online at www.meijerhealthyliving.com
Soba Stir-Fry Noodles
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1 (16 oz.) bag Meijer frozen stir-fry vegetables
½ cup sweet chili sauce (in ethnic aisle)
2 pouches of Ka-Me soba stir-fry noodles (in ethnic aisle)
1. Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil and stir fry vegetables in skillet on high for 5 minutes.
2. Pour sweet chili sauce and heat for one minute. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil on high; add soba stir-fry noodle pouches; stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Combine with vegetables and stir for one minute.
Recipe from Chef Maribel Alchin, MBA, RD, LDN, Meijer Dietitian and Healthy Living Advisor
Serve with Earthbound Farms Spinach Salad
Dark Chocolate Fondue
2 (3.5 oz) Ghirardelli dark chocolate bars
1. Break up the chocolate bars into small pieces. Place dark chocolate pieces in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval.
2. Pour the melted chocolate into the fondue pot and light the tealight.
3. Dip fruit pieces and dessert pieces into the mixture.
Use for dipping an assortment of sliced apples, sliced bananas, strawberries, pineapple chunks, angel food cake or dried apricots
Friday, February 1 2013, 03:53 AM CST