Meijer: Healthy New Year's Eve Appetizers
Grapefruit Basil Champagne Cocktail
1 ½ oz. grapefruit juice
2 packets of Truvia ® natural sweetener or 1 ½ tsp. of Truvia® natural sweetener spoonable
1 basil leaf
2 ½ oz. brut Champagne or ginger ale or club soda
1. In a cocktail shaker add all the ingredients together except champagne and fill halfway with ice.
2. Shake vigorously.
3. Double strain into cocktail glass, fill with champagne and garnish.
Recipe from www.truvia.com
Cranberry Roast Beef Roll Ups
2 tbsp. horseradish sauce
1 (8oz.) pkg. Meijer 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cream cheese
12 slices Certified Angus Beef® brand deli roast beef
½ cup Meijer whole berry cranberry sauce
1 head of Boston lettuce
1. In a small bowl, mix together the horseradish sauce and cream cheese. Spread each slice of roast beef evenly with 1 tbsp. cream cheese mixture.
2. Along one short edge, spread 1 tsp. cranberry sauce.
3. Roll beef slice jelly-roll style, starting with the edge with cranberry sauce. Slice each roll in four, laying each on a crisp cup of lettuce. (Rolls should have white and red spirals of beef and cream cheese with the cranberry sauce center.)
Per Serving (2 pinwheels per serving): 66 calories, 2g fat, 2g saturated fat, 22mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 6g protein
Recipe from www.certifiedangusbeef.com
Raspberry Walnut Parfaits
8 oz. mascarpone cheese
6 oz. Meijer plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 lb. fresh raspberries
¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. In a bowl, whisk together mascarpone cheese and Greek yogurt. Spoon mascarpone filling into mini parfait glass. Arrange raspberries on top of the filling. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.
Tuesday, December 18 2012, 01:09 AM CST