In the Kitchen: Easy Christmas Holiday Recipes
Easy Holiday Party Recipes is my theme
Pomegranate Pistachio Crostinis With Goat Cheese
Makes 12-15 appetizer servings. Recipe is from Helana Brigman.
1 pomegranate, seeded
1 baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
1 cup salted pistachios
5 ozs. semisoft goat cheese or other soft spreadable cheese like Brie
1. Seed pomegranate: cut pomegranate in half and remove arils (seeds) from the fruit’s white tissue membranes. Toss pomegranates with pistachios.
2. Cut baguette, at a diagonal, into 1-inch slices. Toast baguettes in olive oil and let cool. Spread baguette slices with goat cheese and sprinkle with pomegranate and pistachio mixture.
Garlic Chicken Puffs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken*
- 2 (8 count) cans refrigerator crescent rolls
- Mix cream cheese, garlic and chicken until well blended.
- Unroll crescent rolls and cut each triangle into 2 triangles (when you unroll the crescent rolls, 2 triangles are attached making a big square, I just cut from there following the perforation for one cut and made another cut from the other corners = giving you 4 little triangles)
- Place 1 tsp of chicken mixture on the center of each triangle and fold the corners in over the creamy mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet, lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with no stick spray. Bake at 375 for 11-14 mins.
Blue Sparkling Star
2 ounces orange infused vodka
2 ounces blue curaçao
Rim 2 champagne glasses with blue cocktail sugar.
Pour 1 ounce orange infused vodka into each of the prepared champagne glasses.
Pour 1 once blue curaçao into each into each of the prepared champagne glasses.
Top each glass with champagne
Friday, December 6 2013, 12:23 PM CST