In the Kitchen: Marathon Carb and Protein Recipe
Mediterranean Chicken and Orzo
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces $
- 8 cups water
- 12 ounces uncooked orzo
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 small jar of no salt mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Sauté 6 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add orzo; cook 8 minutes or until orzo is al dente. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Add reserved cooking liquid, chopped tomato, tomato paste, mushrooms,1/2 teaspoon salt, and peppers to skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add chicken, pasta, and 3 cups spinach leaves, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese.
Homemade Energy Drink
1 cup water
1 cup fresh orange juice
pinch of salt
Stir all together and drink immediately
Wednesday, April 23 2014, 11:23 AM CDT