In the Kitchen Midday: Colleen Hatton
Off the Deep End Daiquiri
1 1/2 oz rum
3 oz blueberry juice
1 oz pineapple juice
1 squeeze fresh lemon
Add all ingredients to shaker, shake well and serve over ice. Garnish with a slice of fresh orange or lemon.
BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadilla
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/4 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup jack, shredded
- 1/4 cup chicken, cooked, shredded or cut into small pieces and warm
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- cilantro to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, followed by the chicken, BBQ sauce, pineapple, jalapeno, cilantro and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Wednesday, April 23 2014, 11:23 AM CDT