Colleen Hatton: Oscars Special Recipe
* 1 baked cupcake
* White icing
* 40 mini marshmallows (white or pastel yellow and white)
* Yellow food coloring (optional)
* Clean paintbrush
1. Frost the cupcake with white icing. To create each piece of "popcorn," cut one mini marshmallow in half and squish the two pieces back together into a whole mini marshmallow, pinching firmly. Pile the finished popcorn onto the frosted cupcake.
2. For a buttery look, either dilute a drop of yellow food coloring in water and brush it on with a clean paintbrush or mix pastel yellow marshmallows in with the white.
Red Carpet Fizz
* 1/3 oz. Orange liqueur (Cointreau, Triple Sec, Grand Marnier)
* 1/2 oz. pomegranate juice
* 1 750-ml. bottle champagne
* fresh raspberries
Mix Pomegranate Juice and Orange Liquor with plenty of ice in a mixing glass and strain into a chilled cocktail or champagne glass.
Top with Chilled Champagne and Float a few rasperries on topWednesday, April 23 2014, 10:23 AM CDT